Thursday, September 16, 2010

FAAAAALLLLLL!

It's official. Fall is here! It's chilly, in the mornings the windshield in my car needs defrosting (okay, so it's mostly fogged, not frozen, but close enough), and the leaves on the trees have hints of red. It's my favorite time of year, and I'm totally ready for apple cider and pumpkin bread. Maybe it's the super hot and steamy summer we had that makes me want the crisp cool air even more than usual.

I've gotten into the fall spirit early this year and added some simple decorations around the house. First, we obviously needed a wreath on the front door.

062

I plan on picking up some pumpkins soon for the porch steps. The posts on the stairs will be perfect for some perching pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns.

I've been mixing and matching with some different fall centerpieces for the dining room, too. I just love the warm colors.

002

001

006

011

021


Pretty soon the two gigantic sugar maples in our front yard will be dropping leaves all over the place and we'll be raking indefinitely. I'm so excited for fall that I'm even looking forward to raking! Something must definitely be wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!