Friday, July 16, 2010

You can learn a lot of things from the flowers...

One of the exciting (and kinda dorky) things that I've really loved so far is discovering what flowers and plants are springing up throughout the backyard. Like the a rogue rhubarb plant that sprouted up in the side yard, for instance. Or the big black-eyed susans along the side of the house. I can't wait to see what else comes to life as the summer moves on to fall.

I decided to take a walk around the yard and photograph my favorite current blooms. Who knows how long they'll be here!

004

005

009

Lucy didn't know what I was doing out there, but she knew she didn't like it.
011


As a wonderful housewarming gift, Branden's grandmother got us huge hanging flower baskets for all around the front porch. I love them!
001

012

They've added such charm to the front of the house. I feel a lot of pressure to keep them alive, and so far this heat wave isn't doing me any favors. I can't wait to get some nice furniture to put out on the porch and really make it inviting. Not that the ladder isn't doing awesome things for the aesthetic of the place, of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!