Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santa came early!

Yes! Santa paid us a little visit a couple of days early, when he (and by "he", I really mean two delivery men from Home Depot) came and dropped off our brand new washer and dryer!!

Branden's father generously gifted the pair to us for Christmas. We picked them out a few weeks back and now they're finally here!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let me explain my excitement. I haven't had a washer and dryer in my house (that I didn't have to stick coins in to operate) since I lived with my parents many years ago. I am beyond excited to not have to haul my laundry around and kiss the laundromat goodbye forever!! Now I really feel like a real grown-up with my own house.

We've got the washer downstairs in the still-under-construction new laundry room that we're building. We had a plumber in last week to get the pipes all set up and we had that new utility sink installed that you can see in the background of the photo above. Most of that room has been framed now, so once we get drywall up we'll get an electrician in to install an outlet for the dryer. For now, the dryer will get hooked up in the mudroom upstairs where a dryer hookup already is. Whew.

The oven is preheating and I've got Christmas cookies to bake. I'm looking forward to family, food, presents, and all other festivities coming our way over the next few days. Also laundry. I plan on washing everything I was too lazy and/or cheap to wash before (living room curtains, I'm looking at you). I hope everyone has a wonderful, warm, and very merry holiday!

Lucy does too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!