Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goodbye jungle, hello freshly cut grass

Yesterday we (and by we I mean Branden) finally got to cutting the grass with our hand-me-down lawnmower. After some tuning up it did the job, and the grass no longer comes up to my knees so I count that as a major success. Our house was dangerously close to starting to look like the eyesore in the neighborhood.

Here's Branden in action while I cheered him on from the front porch:
010

So much better!
014


Everything else is moving along nicely. The ceilings were ripped down in all of the bedrooms upstairs and the new ceilings are all installed now. Most of the paneling has been taken down too. And I'll give you one guess as to what was underneath the paneling. Oh yes. More wallpaper! These people were wallpaper junkies.

Here's the new ceiling in the master bedroom. You can see where most of the paneling has been taken off of the left hand wall and exposed the beige wallpaper underneath:
002

Here's the new ceiling in the second bedroom:
004


Most of the walls should go up on Monday upstairs. I'm still not sure how they're going to tackle the stairwell, but that's why we leave these things to professionals. :) Tomorrow the shed comes down, so stay tuned for those updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here!